About Me

My photo
South Africa
Giving people advice is a way for me to help people who need it and to help people better themselves. Self-conscious people can be sure I'll help them through their troubles until the end and that I'll guide them every step of the way. I, myself, have had issues with the way I look, but after realising that the girl with the perfect hair doesn't like her feet, or that the girl with great legs hates her nose, I knew that everyone dislikes something about themselves. I think it's up to me to help the people I can and to make somebody's day. People who share the same interests as me, like writing, drawing, painting, simming, making videos, acting etc. can get some advice to help them better their hobbies/professions. Girls, you want to look perfect for that date on Saturday night? Well, I also give beauty advice so that your frizzy hair looks sleek and your flat hair gets some volume, so that your eyes look gorgeous and your lips get that perfect look. Guys, ever wanted to know what goes on inside a girls head? Well, I can tell you exactly what you're doing to upset her and how to get her to forgive you. Best to get girl advice from a girl. I'm here for all of you!

Monday 1 August 2011

Disapproval of Love

Ah, love. It's a magical feeling, no? When someone loves you as much as you love them, now that's even better...


Except for when it's all ripped away from you because your parent's disapprove!

This is exactly how a girl (let's call her Alexa) felt when the guy she loves (let's call him Marcus) is disapproved by her parents. Luckily her friend, Jessica, send me an e-mail explaining the situation. Now instead of going through it and handling it alone, she's got me to help her realise a few things. I'll also give her a few suggestions on what to do, so that Alexa doesn't lose her parent's trust or the guy who makes her happy.

The Story

Alexa and Marcus have been dating for a while now, Alexa is in love with Marcus and the feeling is mutual. Alexa is thirteen and Marcus is fourteen, so it's a young love, heh?
Alexa is very happy with her boyfriend and wanted her parents to meet him.
Yes, it does seem weird that a thirteen year old would do that, but it's what happened.
After her parents met him and he left, they turned to Alexa.
Now, before we continue, I'll need to inform you that Alexa is white and Marcus is coloured.Now that that's out there, let us continue.
They told her that they had a strange feeling about him and that she should stay away from him.
She asked them why and their answer was simple, "He's coloured and you're white."
She broke this off with him but still has feelings for him. They still send messages to each other but her parents don't know about it...
She told her friend, Jessica, her problem and Jessica asked that I post something that would help her friend, which, as you can clearly see, I am doing.

Advice

Oh dear, her parents are old school... Not good...

Darling, racism is a huge problem throughout the world and is something that needs to be fixed, but I can't wave a magic wand and make it disappear.
I support people who are white and coloured couples, not that I don't support dating your own race, I do, but I just don't see the problem with different races dating. I mean, imagine if a girl with red hair isn't allowed to date a boy with brown hair, that's just not right!

On the other hand, you should trust your parents. Remember, they were your age already and have gone through it all before. They're just protecting their little girl.And what's this about you not telling your parents you still contact him? Oh nuh-uh, girl now that just ain't right!

My advice to you would be:
1) To tell your parents, in a calm tone, that you've still got contact with him, no screaming, shouting or being immature and throwing a tantrum if they throw a fit. You're still only the child and you're still the bottom of the food chain here. Also, tell them when they're calm. I mean, are you seriously going to tell them after they just had a fight (or something)? No you're not!

2) Make sure that if you're going to have a conversation with him it's one that doesn't involve you calling him "love", "sweetie", "honey", "baby", "babe" or anything else of the sort. He'll think you're still in a relationship, just a secret one. And that, my dear, is a huge NO.

3) Be friends with him. Be buddies and never bring up any personal jokes or memories that you two shared when you were dating. It'll make the conversation awkward and make you feel guilty for possibly bringing up something that will bring back the sorrow of the break-up. For both of you.

4) Go out with your girlfriends and go meet new people. You never know who might catch your eye and get the approval of your parents. Plus, it'll help you recover from your severe case of heart-break for having to end it with the guy.

5) Do you have someone to talk to? Someone who'll listen and help you recover without telling others about it or giving you the cold shoulder. Vent your feelings to them to get it out of your system, if my hunch is correct you and your friend, Jessica, are pretty close. Why not vent to her?

I wish you luck on your path to recovery.
I hope you found this helpful and that you take my advice to heart.

I also hope this helped anyone else out there who had the same problem.

~Shay xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment